Parents and carers invited to discover what Holmbush Primary Academy offers
Holmbush Primary Academy Principal, Susan Stickley, invites the families of children interested in starting at the school (rated as Good by Ofsted) in September 2020 to upcoming open days on:
- Tuesday 19 November 2019, 10.30am
- Wednesday 27 November 2019, 7pm
- Thursday 9 January 2020, 1.30pm
Miss Stickley said: “I’m delighted to invite local children and their families to join us at our forthcoming open days. As a small school we nurture the unique qualities of every child. We pride ourselves on providing children with a creative, inspiring curriculum, and the opportunity to learn through real experiences. I hope you’ll join us to see our school in action.”
Open days include the opportunity to take a tour, meet Principal Miss Stickley and Head of Reception, Miss Langley, and find out more about what Holmbush offers including:
- development of outstanding skills in reading, writing and maths
- outdoor learning provision, including large grounds and a Forest School
- light, bright and well-equipped classrooms, all with direct access to enclosed outdoor areas
- opportunities for children to develop their leadership skills
- partnership working with parents and carers
- breakfast and after school clubs available from 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday with the option of a film club until 5pm on Fridays to round off the week.
A parent of a pupil who completed her Reception Year in 2019 commented: “My daughter is very happy and I would not hesitate to recommend the school to other parents in the area.”
Holmbush Primary Academy maintained a Good rating from Ofsted at its last inspection in 2018; securing a Good judgement in all five assessment categories. The report noted “children get off to a good start in the early years” and that “pupils’ behaviour is good. They are polite and respectful to each other and to adults. Pupils are kept safe in this nurturing, welcoming school”.
Holmbush Primary Academy is one of 15 schools in the University of Brighton Academies Trust supporting each other – and their pupils – to excel. All academies in the Trust are judged by Ofsted to be Good or Outstanding