What is the PE and sport premium?
- The Premium is a sum of money given to us each year to improve pupils’ participation in PE and sports. It is for pupils in Years 1 to 6.
Why do schools receive this?
- The funding is intended to help us:
- develop or add to PE and sports activities that we already offer.
- make improvements now that will help pupils who join the Academy in the future.
How is it spent?
- Academies can choose how to spend the money for the educational benefit of the pupils of the Academy.
- Schools are accountable for how they spend the money and Ofsted will report on the attainment and progress of pupils who attract the premium during an inspection.
- Activities may include:
- hiring sports coaches
- paying for training for our teachers
- introducing new sports
- supporting after school clubs
- running competitions
PE and Sports Leaders: Miss Susan Stickley and Miss Samantha Case
How are we spending our Schools sports funding?
PE and school sport play a very important part in the life of Holmbush Primary Academy. We have already made excellent progress in our delivery of school sport which has been recognised through our gaining of the Gold School Games Mark. We are therefore delighted to be able to use the Sports Premium funding to continue the development of PE and school sport in the following ways:
Aim to raise children’s fitness levels
- Develop the variety of activities on offer at break times through the use of Play Leaders and new equipment.
- Ensure pupils are able to participate in a wide range of extracurricular activities.
- Qualified Sports Apprentice to support the delivery of fitness sessions, monitoring pupil progress.
Aim to improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE
- Albion in the Community to provide CPD for teachers during the course of the academic year 2017-2018.
- Vice Principle to provide Dance CPD for identified teachers.
- Vice Principle to develop Dance learning journeys linked to topics where possible.
Aim to provide opportunities for competitive sports within our school cluster
- Part of the School Sport Coordinator Project with Cluster schools.
Aim to develop pupil leadership through sport
- Engage in the Sport Leader Programme.