PE and Sports Leaders: Miss Susan Stickley and Miss Samantha Case
How are we spending our Schools sports funding
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Holmbush Primary Academy. We are therefore delighted to be able to use the Sports Premium funding of £3744 to support the development of P.E. and school sport in the following ways:
Aim to raise children’s fitness levels
- Develop the use of morning fitness sessions to cover a wide variety of skills.
- Continue with the Walk to School project (the school has already been identified as the top user in West Sussex of the online tracking system).
- Introduce an online tool to monitor pupil fitness levels.
- Introduce regular running sessions for pupils to improve stamina.
Aim to improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE
- Qualified sports apprentice (£744 to support the cost of salary) to work with teachers during PE lessons, organise physical activities during Early Bird, break times and lunch and support coaching teams to participate in school competitions.
- New medium term maps and games units tailored to Holmbush Primary Academy and the new PE curriculum by Activ8 (£2000)
- The Deputy Headteacher to provide CPD for teachers in dance.
Aim to provide opportunities for competitive sports within our school cluster
- Part of the School Sport Coordinator Project with Cluster schools (£1000)
Aim to encourage a greater children to participate in after school clubs and competitions
- Offer a wider variety of sports clubs both before and after school.
- Monitor pupil involvement.
- Have more than one team participating in competitions.
- Re-introduce ‘Play Leaders’ scheme.